|Leader||The Solar President Martin Tomek|
The United Sun Republic of Solarampa is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Solar President Martin Tomek with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working population of 841 million Solarampas enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Solar Terra. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 71.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Solarampan economy, worth 91.4 trillion Drenits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 108,708 Drenits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 318,507 per year while the poor average 29,265, a ratio of 10.9 to 1.
Medical lawsuits are out of control, scientists earn more grant money for reproducing old experiments than trying anything new, hospitals in Solarampa are too busy serving the needs of 10000 Islands to see Solarampas, and there's no such thing as bad publicity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Solarampa's national animal is the kitten, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Solarampa, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
- : Following new legislation in Solarampa, hospitals in Solarampa are too busy serving the needs of 10000 Islands to see Solarampas.
- : Solarampa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Solarampa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Solarampa, scientists earn more grant money for reproducing old experiments than trying anything new.
- : Following new legislation in Solarampa, medical lawsuits are out of control.
- : Following new legislation in Solarampa, tourists often cite 'hiding money in an off-shore banking account' as their main reason to visit the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Solarampa, passwords to nuclear codes must now contain upper and lower case characters.
- : Following new legislation in Solarampa, transgender and agender are on the education agenda.
- : Following new legislation in Solarampa, euthanasia is legal.
Endorsements Received: 106 » Recon Island, Ria Reavi, Anisopterra, Wysrod, Pecanagle, Anarchals, Blogotopia, New Fania, Valentian Elysium, The Soylent Green Party, Tzo, Old Atlantica, Chip Skylark, Saybel, Krystalveil, Achiotopia, Karlando, City of Saint Nicolas, Nooooooooooooooo, Sheathacaeia, Northern Nivaria, Johnne Green, Nemohsis, West Whale, Vivolkha, Tamsalin, Zinzdan, Sovieka, Tills, Maddledom, Terra Royaume, Greenmont Federation, Gewisse, Hellenic Exusia, Northern African Sahara, Martunra, The Pizza, The Republic of Osea, Ignis Cinere, Harekoku, Snakeden, The Snake Brotherhood, Caldorado, Drewish, Vill Send, Great Lakartha, Lower Phlebacite, The Geraldic Islands, Lamborghini Murcielago, Nilveroe, and 56 others.United Kingdom of Selesnia, Mastodonia, Tol Elenna, Jimjam Goober, New Tamara, Evertopia, Slaytania, Lesbi, Palman, Colonel Terrosit, Republic of Libriano, Kyrizstanislav, Better Indonesia, Itic, Arctic Coalition, A R V E R N A, Creeptopia, Final Universal Order, Isentran, Calrad, Leprechaun Gold, Medetas, Dustwind, Republic of Nutella, AciaciaMont, Yakkandiania, Flex Lexington, Great Ranges, Marroc, The Parandeam, Waitiki, Solsevara, Kachikawawa, PYT, Namakan, Islands of Czechia, Point Comfort Colony, The Galactic RepubIlic, Keswickholt, Liberdon, Novegia, Airday, Santa Pace, Lisokyo, Bortheria, Marxist Germany, Ascended Union, HumanSanity, Makykay, Kalldunn, Zeloria, United States of island land, Empire of Ecuador, Zeklandia, Aquachromia, and Nea Komnenia.