The Free Land of Solandia is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, otherworldly petting zoo, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 710 million Solandians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Walle. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Solandian economy, worth 65.1 trillion Freedollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 91,740 Freedollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 383,289 per year while the poor average 14,320, a ratio of 26.8 to 1.
Electricians spend more time in school than doctors, drivers regularly pull over for nonexistent police cars, military units are often seen arguing over which one is truly favored by the gods, and high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers. Crime is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Solandia's national animal is the Lark, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Solandia, high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers.
- : Following new legislation in Solandia, military units are often seen arguing over which one is truly favored by the gods.
- : Solandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Politics Amino".
- : Solandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II".
- : Solandia endorsed The Republic of Flaenders.
- : Solandia was endorsed by The Republic of Flaenders.
- : Solandia was endorsed by The Free Land of ScotlandSerenity.
- : Solandia's influence in Krillin rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Solandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Jutsa".
- : Following new legislation in Solandia, drivers regularly pull over for nonexistent police cars.