|Currency||Sri Lankan Rupee|
|Animal||Sri Lankan Elephant|
The Republic of Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka is a huge, genial nation, notable for its soft-spoken computers, suspicion of poets, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 625 million Socialist Republic of Sri Lankans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Colombo. The average income tax rate is 72.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Socialist Republic of Sri Lankan economy, worth 36.0 trillion Sri Lankan Rupees a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 57,587 Sri Lankan Rupees, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, standard-issue infantry rifles now have carnations instead of bayonets, and many marriages go virtually unconsummated. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka's national animal is the Sri Lankan Elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka was endorsed by The Free Land of Shermani.
- : Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka was endorsed by The Democratic States of Ezmwalia.
- : Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka was endorsed by The Socialist Federation of Idontknowium.
- : Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Santa Torres.
- : Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka was endorsed by The 14th Station of Delegations.
- : Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Bisht.
- : Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka was endorsed by The Free Land of Creatrix.
- : Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka's influence in The Leftist Assembly rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka was endorsed by The Socialist Republics of Vilouki.
- : Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka was endorsed by Vire easay.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Ephros, Kavagrad, Argentigrad, Super Awesome Fun Times, Llorens, Martilliopen, New Volica, Grod Island, NeoXoleria, Slackertown, Rorlenland, Regional Defence Council of Aragon, Fizzopolis, Soviet Catgirls, Socialist Great Picardy, Republic of Braz, Dyl, Nangka, Carolia Aurea, Sincadenas, Kawany, Caspersland, Depro, United Socialist Republics of LAN, Kongoland, Ghillemear, Socialist Columbia, Anarchocommunists of the World, Aetsveld-Aalstad, Roulantinia, Transcommunist Republics, Outer Golpi Steppes, Antinios, Henchikurin, New Russsia, Silverfish37, Crustand, Korvias, Nepacton Murt, New Arkados, Kaamapoori, Picuros, North Amherst, MacSwiney, Labuepe, Guandyar, Old Corus, Digitotuo, Armenasia, Anioniotopia, and 14 others.The Iron-Blooded Ones, Agatep, Claiomha, Komuna, Soviet Angola, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Vilouki, Creatrix, Bisht, Delegations, Idontknowium, Ezmwalia, and Shermani.