The Commonwealth of Socialist Columbia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Godfrey with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.299 billion Commonwealthers are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Douglass City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Columbian economy, worth a remarkable 1,399 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 191,694 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Referenda are held for every conceivable government action, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky, and left-wing militias train children how to properly burn down banks. Crime is totally unknown. Socialist Columbia's national animal is the cardinal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Columbia, left-wing militias train children how to properly burn down banks.
- : Socialist Columbia endorsed The Socialist Federation of Idontknowium.
- : Socialist Columbia was endorsed by The Socialist Federation of Idontknowium.
- : Socialist Columbia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Socialist Columbia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Socialist Columbia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Socialist Columbia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Columbia, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Socialist Columbia endorsed The United Socialist States of Santa Torres.
- : Socialist Columbia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Santa Torres.
Endorsements Received: 65 » United Socialist Republics of LAN, Caellus, Caspersland, Llorens, Argentigrad, Kavagrad, South Miruva, Rorlenland, Sincadenas, Ephros, New Arkados, Digitotuo, Mexican Communists, Kawany, Transcommunist Republics, Kongoland, Anarchocommunists of the World, Henchikurin, Elovera, Nangka, Slackertown, Dyl, Picuros, Buttia, Antinios, Nepacton Murt, Martilliopen, Sorwickshire, Sylvlakia, Hussitics, Grod Island, Loudon, Fizzopolis, Aetsveld-Aalstad, Silverfish37, New Russsia, Outer Golpi Steppes, MacSwiney, New Volica, Asturies-Llion, Socialist New Britain, Super Awesome Fun Times, Chapolia Zranzia, Sword Lesbians, Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Vilouki, Kaamapoori, Soviet Catgirls, Old Corus, Roma Norte, and 15 others.Agraestan, Socialist Great Picardy, The Iron-Blooded Ones, Claiomha, Soviet Angola, Agatep, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Vire Easay, Yoodong, Bisht, Zaratov, Helionyx, Delegations, and Idontknowium.