The Federation of Socialist Balkans is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Charis Mortescu with an even hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 1.456 billion Socialist Balkansians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Pella. The average income tax rate is 87.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Socialist Balkansian economy, worth 199 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 136,966 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nude art is becoming wildly popular, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?", and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Socialist Balkans's national animal is the squirrel, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Socialist Balkans was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and the Top 5% for Most Cultured.
- : Socialist Balkans endorsed The République of Continental Social Democrats.
- : Socialist Balkans endorsed The Republic of Riverpost.
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Balkans, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Balkans, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?".
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Balkans, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Balkans, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- : Following new legislation in Socialist Balkans, lobster tastes best when it is red.
- : Socialist Balkans was endorsed by The Republic of Riverpost.
- : Socialist Balkans was endorsed by The République of Continental Social Democrats.
Endorsements Received: 116 » Imperium Anglorum, Yahlia, Death Bat, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Saint Domingo, St Scarlett, Regnum Italiae, Thracia Republic, Ahma, Troltovia, Slavonia and Srijem, Greate San Marino, Irminsulia, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Northern German Federation, The New Nordic Union, Outer Sparta, Thracia and Crimea, The Seven Provinces, Kaspinia, Naifon, Baycanistan, Monkistan, Belgique et France, Volara, Nevelja, Bohomo, Dorpz, Stukilo, Saiwania, Dauershire, Libertyca, Purgatio, Kenmoria WA Mission, Carphelia, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Feria-Alkaline, Bahnhofstrasse, Dark Matter, The Champions League, Wombelland, Apabeossie, Pazano, Mantcor, Brakanistan, Slavorussia, Supcotia, An Clar, Leranditale, and 66 others.Nidowe, Chioganah, GanymedEuropa, Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Soviet Taoistan, British Norklon, Romana Imperium de Italia, Scravovia, Aslicuria, Gingera, Elisabethshagen, Suissen, Alsted, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Mallesia, Free Furentenia, Andyvania, WaffleEmpire, Thils, Greater Albaina, Stromia, Walfo, Anskerdank, Porury, The Wretched of this Earth, Shagolaa, Preusses, Rijland, Lord Sapre, Novum Hesperia, Enway, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Einswenn, Nookville, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Permorania, Godefargen, Miharr, New Rickiland, Poland-Kaliningrad, IllyrianAlbania, Nardin, Sloburg, Slovanov, North of Americas, Kanokla, Saltmead, Swillinia, Legique, South St Maarten, The Mongol Plain, Jim the Baptist, Ostermarch, The Pagan Moon, Nuweland, Prussian-Union, Solteur, Pollica, The Anrica, Carignanum, Rhinowolf, Continental Social Democrats, and Riverpost.