The Kingdom of Snogohsia is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The cynical population of 4.877 billion Snogohsians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Welfare, with Spirituality, Education, and Healthcare also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 67.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Snogohsian economy, worth 154 trillion Gils a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, highly specialized black market in Cheese Exports, Basket Weaving, Woodchip Exports, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 31,725 Gils, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Snogohsia's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Snogohsia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Snogohsia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Snogohsia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Snogohsia ceased to exist in Greater Prussia.
- : Snogohsia's influence in Greater Prussia rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Snogohsia's influence in Greater Prussia rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Snogohsia's influence in Greater Prussia rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Snogohsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Snogohsia's influence in Greater Prussia rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Snogohsia relocated from Lazarus to Greater Prussia.