The Republic of Smith jones is a massive, genial nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, zero percent divorce rate, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate population of 1.579 billion Smith jonesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, with Administration, Education, and Law & Order also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Liberty City. The average income tax rate is 42.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Smith jonesian economy, worth 92.1 trillion Mark Standards a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 58,297 Mark Standards, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Anyone claiming to be a messiah is promptly put to death, citizens have reported seeing strange rays of light emanating from the moon, truancy levels are on the rise ever since school registers were banned, and more and more people are signing up for the government party. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Smith jones's national animal is the horse, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Smith jones's influence in Nova Lisseum rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Smith jones's influence in Nova Lisseum rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Smith jones's influence in Nova Lisseum rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Smith jones published "Nova Lisseum Card Program" (Meta: Reference).
- : Smith jones lodged a message on the Nova Lisseum Regional Message Board.
- : Smith jones's influence in Nova Lisseum rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Smith jones's influence in Nova Lisseum rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Smith jones relocated from Mito to Nova Lisseum.
- : Smith jones's influence in Mito rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Smith jones's influence in Mito rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".