The Federal Republic of Slonful is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed population of 6.973 billion Slonfulians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 82.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Slonfulian economy, worth 529 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 75,962 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cops shout apologies with every swing of their baton, children in school playgrounds can be heard chanting the hymns of the Order of Violet, Slonful recently hosted the least successful trade negotiations since The Phantom Menace, and Leader is too busy listening to praise to get any work done. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slonful's national animal is the penguin, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Slonful was endorsed by The United States of New Era states.
- : Slonful was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Slonful was endorsed by The Free Land of Eagle Crest.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, Leader is too busy listening to praise to get any work done.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, Slonful recently hosted the least successful trade negotiations since The Phantom Menace.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, children in school playgrounds can be heard chanting the hymns of the Order of Violet.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, cops shout apologies with every swing of their baton.
- : Following new legislation in Slonful, commuters are denied boarding for attempting to bring packed lunches onto trains.
- : Slonful voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Slonful voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
Endorsements Received: 75 » A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Wiranath, United China Nation, VW53Aland, Axdel, Hizuru, Socialist Holy American Empire, Rhealaliit, BearStackof2015, Am Echad, Pakitsk, Kilkire, Kangarawa, Brotherland, Ridann, CopyCato, Freedom Fascists, Republic of Berzerkistan, Marrabuk, East Malaysia, Dragons Blood, La xinga, Squid Ruinosa, Rainbow Vests, Zukchiva, Asendavia, A mean old man, Bzux, Tretrid, Lingu, Ripsylvania, The Three States of Fortuna, BuciLand, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, Santa Dystopia, Barfleur, Survivoristan, Stellar Colonies, Eastern Hyront Scassen, New Leganes, Coruh, Oofery, FreedomIand, Nevertopia, Acronis, Tassirion, Rabarbarys, and 25 others.Debluu, ArenaC, Lanwa, Dravida India, Sunsistan, United Socialist States of Amerika, Pekweng, Cakitalim, Eastern Alksearia, Cacnesia, Lorrana, North Bernia, Biingus, Jove Mahmo, ReReReRepublic, Blobon, The Kulaata Islands, Pirnovo, Fellon, Spiruvania, LibRight Libertarianism, Konneticut, From New World, Eagle Crest, and New Era states.