The People's Republic of Sloburg is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Vid Bizjak with an even hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 2.416 billion Sloburgese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dunaj. The average income tax rate is 83.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sloburgian economy, worth 294 trillion Tolars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 121,886 Tolars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, and parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sloburg's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sloburg, parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend.
- : Following new legislation in Sloburg, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics.
- : Following new legislation in Sloburg, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
- : Sloburg was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Sloburg voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Sloburg voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Sloburg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Sloburg, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Sloburg, editorials that criticize the government are legally obligated to display the "pants on fire" warning.
- : Sloburg endorsed The République of Continental Social Democrats.
Endorsements Received: 53 » The Seven Provinces, Elisabethshagen, Imperium Anglorum, Republic of Satherland, Northern German Federation, St Scarlett, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The Champions League, Slavorussia, Thracia Republic, Regnum Italiae, Novum Hesperia, Romana Imperium de Italia, Saint Domingo, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Free Furentenia, Troltovia, Yahlia, Dark Matter, Irminsulia, Lord Sapre, Viciebskaja, Porury, Walfo, Preusses, Pilipinas and Malaya, Enway, The New Nordic Union, Outer Sparta, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, The Greater Eastern Republic, GanymedEuropa, The Kingdom of Denmark, Puhja, Neuchateau, Einswenn, Parliamentary Laramidia, Feria-Alkaline, Pazano, Nardin, Alsted, An Clar, Stromia, Shagolaa, Sienkahn, Elitestland, Leranditale, Supcotia, Jim the Baptist, Socialist Balkans, and 3 others.Legique, Kanokla, and Continental Social Democrats.