The Democratic Republic of Slit is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons and absence of drug laws. The democratic population of 5.372 billion Slitians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Welfare, with Industry also on the agenda. The average income tax rate is 42.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Slitian economy, worth 197 trillion slits a year, is highly specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 36,755 slits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Surveillance cameras are banned, voting is voluntary, sharks are considered a delicacy, and gambling is outlawed. Crime is relatively low. Slit's national animal is the shark, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Slit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Slit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Zombified.
- : Slit's influence in Japan rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Slit applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Slit resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Slit was endorsed by The Honda Research Center of Southwest Ohio.
- : Slit was endorsed by The Republic of Ethermaty.
- : Slit was endorsed by The Federal Republic of North Saitama.
- : Slit was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Slit was endorsed by The Republic of Kurapika Zoldyck.