The Republic of Slenrotros is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its digital currency, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 235 million Slenrotrosians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Industry, with Defense, Education, and Administration also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 26.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Slenrotrosian economy, worth 19.3 trillion Slenrotrosian dollars a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Retail, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 82,285 Slenrotrosian dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 289,733 per year while the poor average 16,921, a ratio of 17.1 to 1.
Rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes, scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied Pigeon, Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies, and a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country. Crime is relatively low. Slenrotros's national animal is the Pigeon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Slenrotros was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Retail Industry and the Top 10% for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Slenrotros, a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Slenrotros, Leader's told that love often manifests itself through homicidal four-lettered litanies.
- : Following new legislation in Slenrotros, scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied Pigeon.
- : Following new legislation in Slenrotros, rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes.
- : Following new legislation in Slenrotros, children are often punished for the sins of the fathers.
- : Following new legislation in Slenrotros, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life.
- : Following new legislation in Slenrotros, literature classes frequently go on field trips to rock concerts.
- : Slenrotros was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Slenrotros, children gain their first sex education from reading the dictionary.
Endorsements Received: 189 » Erinor, Tsunamy, Quiescent, Land Without Shrimp, Maletora, The Solar System Scope, Nova Montron, Ariankido, Utondara, New Briantown, Aguatania, Si-topia, Drystar, Kroumos, Tsvetania, Jaxon, Yeldarbsland, Holy Chimerland, Pays de Loire, Curlyhoward, Lorora3, Antarctic Empires, Nothanksbutseriously, Trinennie, Stoniamera, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Sthalrim, Isokenzar, Grouu, Jahass, Saciu, Wehraboos, Theorin, USNE2018, North Catimestistrianes, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Rebel-topia, Barabarom, Rabbitz, Nowa Europa, East Sakhlin, La Ascension, Pastir, The Filippinas, Aywhyou, Kiasu-ism, Aidenfieeld, Spearos, Vincent Field, Lambdaland, and 139 others.Centristvill, Silberne Wache, Luddinlande, Xandev, Calistan, Gymnostan, Avalonica, Bear Connors Paradiso, Pamela And Hepatitis, Madhonia, Darakin, Nankyoku Tairiku, Escevola, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Cuuldere, Bod Wareenaland, Great Andora, The naked people, Ufask, Volaworand, Yellunstryer, RestartAll, Phanama, Pax Dracon, North Kanuckistan, Seliyan progressive Islands, Noire Denholm, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Shadow-Land, The Brand New Salvatagard Republic, Farengeto, Academy of Umbrellas, Shengtie, Hanguk-Nippon, North Erfton, Soem, Elveka, The United Expanse, Linguiniland, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Choodox, United States of Vietnam, Japanese Federal Republic, Ostanasia, Crabius, Ancient Slobovia, Aumeltopia, Republic Clovakh, Anachronolandia, The Canadian Republic Colonies, Bergenu, KIROVET, Whimichy, Ridehale, Aurcania, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Dankstergrad, Sanden, Freedoom, Poopisiya, Abarri, Sesteran, European Defense Organization, Farelonia, Sagada, Agalaesia, Goddamous, Churumduul, WTP All the good names are taken, GI-Land, Janapuri, Sedunn, Freedwanda, Chocholand, Wyatonians, Milvands, Direwolf1, North Anatnom, Lumpov Hasch, Prefesia, Wese Zippopiteradgil, Angevin Britannia, Democratic Parndia, Walloonia, Arx Obex, Empire of the Western Woods, United Qwebland, Seldon and the Psychohistorians, Rosamie, Southern Numenor, San Anaben, Qawe, St Oaks, Bentwaters, Linden Oak, Lester Crest, Deosdora, Doomen, Lost And Found, Ezeleah, Enplatia, Herbert Island, Paenoa, Bluee Land, Mirutania, Center Lisle, Republitank, State of Iowa, Asdfghuiop, Uncastania, Khazadine, Transtemporal Shifts, FreeFishers, New Juan Carlos Land, Runsiya, Bandorion, Neo-Indonesia, Mew Nation, Qairus, Braavos and Lorath, Mantas Meow, Three Rivia Levr, Crystal Creation, Upper Tyrconnel, Tol Brandir, Terranous, Roavin, Vos Dothrak, Eastern Nyan, Spazzhole, Kobehia, Esfalsa, PenguinPies, Amerion, Mona Landia, Imperial Snasdep, Kringalia, Wild Space, and Great Africans.