The Colony of Slawin Hall is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, triple-decker prams, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 541 million Slawin Hallians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The large, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of DIU. The average income tax rate is 66.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Slawin Hallian economy, worth 50.5 trillion momos a year, is quite specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 93,387 momos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, understaffed slavers offer highballs when asked to 'pass the screwdriver' during household maintenance, and corporate lobbying has been outlawed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slawin Hall's national animal is the spoon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Slawin Hall, corporate lobbying has been outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Slawin Hall, understaffed slavers offer highballs when asked to 'pass the screwdriver' during household maintenance.
- : Following new legislation in Slawin Hall, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Following new legislation in Slawin Hall, the most penniless demographics have by far the highest number of researchers per capita.
- : Slawin Hall voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Slawin Hall was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare and the Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Slawin Hall, major corporations receive tax breaks for no apparent reason.
- : Following new legislation in Slawin Hall, spoons with strange deformities like three eyes and tentacles have been seen prancing through the countryside where industrial waste is dumped.
- : Following new legislation in Slawin Hall, children playing with walkie-talkies are told to 'get a job'.
- : Following new legislation in Slawin Hall, the government's religious works are headed by a New Age guru.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Bran Astor, Fujai, Chitra, Fhaengshia, Westwind, Estriacea, Liberillia, Atheist States of Philippines, Nieubasria, Fuentana, Recuecn, Wickedly evil people, Holmani, Anuubis, Parinan, Bhang Bhang Duc, Papercuts and Skittles, Zoran, The Western Beastlands, Cro Magnon, Carvell, Pepinooo, San Diego Islands, Willow Gate, The Unified Missourtama States, Hologaland, Giovanniland, Emark, Dilber, Oometz, and Hamburg Neo.