The Democratic People's Republic of Slavestate is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Felix Dzerzhinsky with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 29.258 billion Slavestateans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Slavestate City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Slavestatean economy, worth a remarkable 4,802 trillion credits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 164,153 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, and a new guerrilla marketing campaign for tap water involves government agents spraying random citizens with hose water. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Slavestate's national animal is the hog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, a new guerrilla marketing campaign for tap water involves government agents spraying random citizens with hose water.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Slavestate voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Forest".
- : Slavestate was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct.
- : Slavestate's influence in USSR rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities.
- : Following new legislation in Slavestate, the nation's politicians are acknowledged as the most polite in the region to the dismay of comedians everywhere.
Endorsements Received: 11 » Northern Socialist States, Old-Britannia, Greater Cuba, Soviet Polsol, Enclave of Soviet Germany, Bospor, The Commune of Meddle, Communist Bratislavia, Dudaev, Yevraziya, and Khanatah.