The Imperial Province of Skyrim is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Tiber Septim with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, keen interest in outer space, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 13.84 billion Nords enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Solitude. The average income tax rate is 92.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Skyrimian economy, worth a remarkable 1,156 trillion Septims a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 83,574 Septims, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, graffiti graces every city's streets, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and the military is on a massive recruiting drive in advance of an invasion of Brasilistan. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skyrim's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skyrim's influence in The Cat Society rose from "Auxiliary" to "Contender".
- : Skyrim resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Skyrim's influence in The Cat Society rose from "Zero" to "Auxiliary".
- : Skyrim relocated from Artificial Solar System to The Cat Society.
- : Skyrim was endorsed by The Republic of WHILE WAITING FOR HC TO FEED HIM VINNY.
- : Skyrim was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Sweet Embrace.
- : Skyrim endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Sweet Embrace.
- : Skyrim was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Skyrim applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Skyrim's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".