|Leader||Emily and Harold Vixen|
The Kingdom of Skylus is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emily and Harold Vixen with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and ritual sacrifices. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 5.398 billion Skylusians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government prioritizes Education, with Healthcare and Environment also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skyopolis. The average income tax rate is 67.7%.
The strong Skylusian economy, worth 375 trillion rupees a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 69,481 rupees, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Grocery stores can be audibly identified by the giggling emerging from them, the government is funding experimental battery technology while the power grid continues to crumble, street preachers sell salvation with a side order of shame on every corner, and employers are finding it hard to screen candidates now that everyone gets A grades in their exams. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skylus's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Threesolipsism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skylus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Depository standards Act".
- : Skylus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Drug Abuse Amelioration Act".
- : Skylus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Drug Abuse Amelioration Act".
- : Skylus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Skylus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Astronomical Data Repository".
- : Skylus voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators"".
- : Skylus's influence in The Federation of Anarchist Communes rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Skylus was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Skylus's influence in The Federation of Anarchist Communes rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Skylus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Severisen".
Endorsements Received: None.