The Queendom of Skrunklyland is a huge, safe nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, anti-smoking policies, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 205 million Skrunklylandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 73.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Skrunklylandian economy, worth 6.43 trillion awws a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Pizza Delivery. Average income is 31,362 awws, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma, Skrunklyland's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand, it's all quiet on the western front, and every week is blindness awareness week. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skrunklyland's national animal is the skrunklie, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Skrunklyland, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Skrunklyland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Skrunklyland, it's all quiet on the western front.
- : Following new legislation in Skrunklyland, Skrunklyland's free colleges struggle to maintain standards in the face of overwhelming demand.
- : Following new legislation in Skrunklyland, it is illegal to distribute Girl Guide Cookies without an advanced food hygiene diploma.
- : Skrunklyland endorsed The Dominion of Caretakers and Clockwatchers.
- : Skrunklyland was endorsed by The Dominion of Caretakers and Clockwatchers.
- : Skrunklyland's influence in Refugia rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Skrunklyland endorsed The Anarcho-Communist Alliance of Duneraven.
- : Skrunklyland endorsed The Commonwealth of Kaltea.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Floofybit, Sylh Alanor, Typica, Liphia, The Star Enpire, Vikoland, Tiralta, The Land Named Bob, Fel Vudos, Melenavenia, Applemarsh, Araine, Junitaki-cho, Narwhal, Aephony, Tovenia, Froler, Nekhuser-Ra, Ladita, Porthosia, Inaros OPA, Talmon, New Filippe, Ecologiania, Remnants of the Pacific, Nangka, Ressadina, Michis, Adawu, Yondoria, Haibaria, Kaltea, Duneraven, and Caretakers and Clockwatchers.