The Federation of Skarmia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 552 million Skarmians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 29.2%.
The powerhouse Skarmian economy, worth 48.0 trillion rubles a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 86,960 rubles, with the richest citizens earning 7.2 times as much as the poorest.
Every workday begins with group therapy, rumor has it that Leader has won three lotteries in a row, the question of 'what is Leader's favorite color?' has been given a priority rating of burnt-orange, and clergy who start talking about politics are forced to take a holy vow of silence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Skarmia's national animal is the mountain lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Skarmia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Skarmia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Skarmia was endorsed by The Imperial Commonwealth of Zoygaria.
- : Skarmia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Skarmia was endorsed by The Republic of Beatavic.
- : Skarmia was endorsed by The Islamic Republic of Emmiria.
- : Skarmia lodged a message on the Coalition of Crown Albatross Regional Message Board.
- : Skarmia's influence in Coalition of Crown Albatross rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Skarmia, clergy who start talking about politics are forced to take a holy vow of silence.
- : Following new legislation in Skarmia, the question of 'what is Leader's favorite color?' has been given a priority rating of burnt-orange.