The Protectorate of Simulata is a very large, efficient nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies, compulsory military service, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 157 million Simulatans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Spirituality, with Education, Defense, and Administration also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.2%.
The very strong Simulatan economy, worth 9.38 trillion Socis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Pizza Delivery, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 59,763 Socis, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 280,244 per year while the poor average 7,598, a ratio of 36.9 to 1.
Computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, euthanasia is illegal, town welcome signs list corporate sponsors, and a National Academy regulates grammar and usage. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Simulata's national animal is the African Buffalo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Simulata, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage.
- : Following new legislation in Simulata, town welcome signs list corporate sponsors.
- : Following new legislation in Simulata, euthanasia is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Simulata, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- : Following new legislation in Simulata, frequent broken zippers have resulted in safety pins making a fashion comeback.
- : Following new legislation in Simulata, giant no-kill traps baited with Bapst Red Ribbon and vintage bicycles have been popping up in back alleys nationwide.
- : Following new legislation in Simulata, plain-clothes police officers follow Dàguó tourists everywhere they go.
- : Following new legislation in Simulata, newspapers and TV broadcasters are given a list of 'acceptable words'.
- : Simulata's influence in Region Name rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Simulata was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.