The Commonwealth of Silage is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Anyho Escort with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 30.789 billion Silageans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Clamp. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The enormous but inefficient Silagean economy, worth a remarkable 2,304 trillion Litres a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 74,844 Litres, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
No one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, and politicians "baring all" for the camera isn't always a figure of speech. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Silage's national animal is the cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Silage voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Silage voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Silage voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".
- : Silage was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Silage voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Silage voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Silage was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 10% for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Silage voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Iran"".
- : Silage voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Language and Education Rights for Deaf Individuals".
- : Silage was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".