The United Socialist Republics of Sietsk is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Mikhail Siekmeshko with an iron fist, and notable for its state-planned economy, rampant corporate plagiarism, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.432 billion Sietskians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vedrupol. The average income tax rate is 88.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Sietskian economy, worth 947 trillion Sietskian Crowns a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 127,495 Sietskian Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mathematicians are gathering an infinite number of grizzly bears and typewriters to see if they can recreate the works of Max Barry, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds, interest in globalism never flags, and the nation has always been at war with Moltovea. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sietsk's national animal is the grizzly bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sietsk voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Treatment of the Deceased".
- : Sietsk was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Sietsk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Sietsk voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Affordable Transgender Hormone Therapy".
- : Sietsk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Sietsk was endorsed by The United States of Italea-.
- : Following new legislation in Sietsk, the nation has always been at war with Moltovea.
- : Following new legislation in Sietsk, interest in globalism never flags.
- : Following new legislation in Sietsk, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds.
- : Following new legislation in Sietsk, mathematicians are gathering an infinite number of grizzly bears and typewriters to see if they can recreate the works of Max Barry.