The United Socialist Republics of Sietsk is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Mikhail Siekmeshko with an iron fist, and remarkable for its triple-decker prams, digital currency, and otherworldly petting zoo. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 6.722 billion Sietskians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vedrupol. The average income tax rate is 87.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Sietskian economy, worth 761 trillion Sietskian Crowns a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 113,256 Sietskian Crowns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Movie producers send film critics wads of cash in their morning newspapers in anticipation of gushing praise, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds, frightened witnesses and seriously ill jurors wear the same handcuffs as the defendant, and immersive video game experiences are interrupted by incessant disclaimer pop-ups. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sietsk's national animal is the grizzly bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sietsk voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Darkesia".
- : Sietsk voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Depository standards Act".
- : Sietsk was endorsed by The Republic of Michigan Freemen.
- : Sietsk was endorsed by The Free Land of Liberatia Populus.
- : Sietsk voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Severisen".
- : Sietsk's influence in APSIA rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Sietsk voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "defending the rights of sexual and gender minorities"".
- : Sietsk was endorsed by The Republic of Caladinia.
- : Sietsk voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Safeguarding Nuclear Materials"".
- : Sietsk's influence in APSIA fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".