The Dominion of Sierra Lobo is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by His Grace Gerald de Valien III with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 14.506 billion Sierra Loboans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Industry, with Education, Environment, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Phoenixia. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Sierra Loboan economy, worth a remarkable 4,609 trillion lire a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 317,743 lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
East Lebatuckese astronauts' favorite game during downtime on the Multinational Space Station is 'I Spy', citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee, male friends are often accompanied by a female relative in order to prove their 'straightness', and foreign musicians that His Grace Gerald de Valien III dislikes are turned away at the border. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Sierra Lobo's national animal is the phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Holy Veil of the Ysl Flame.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sierra Lobo was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector, Highest Economic Output, Most Scientifically Advanced, Lowest Overall Tax Burden, and Most Influential.
- : Sierra Lobo's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Sierra Lobo relocated from Balder to The South Pacific.
- : Sierra Lobo's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sierra Lobo applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Sierra Lobo was refounded in Balder.
- : Sierra Lobo ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Sierra Lobo was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Thenk.
- : Sierra Lobo was endorsed by The Quirky Quirks of Cormactopia Prime.
- : Sierra Lobo was endorsed by The Federal Republic of United Billia.