The Second People's Empire of Shrive is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Queen-Empress Alytathalia with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 7.255 billion Shrivens are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oswald Glade. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Shriven economy, worth a remarkable 2,068 trillion Kogs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 285,123 Kogs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders, foreign leaders who don't applaud Queen-Empress Alytathalia's speeches are regarded as enemies of Shrive, and court cases mostly involve lawyers shouting questions at witnesses giving silent shrugs. Crime is totally unknown. Shrive's national animal is the Deep-Sea Kraken, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Sai-Kurō.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shrive's influence in The Universal Order of Nations rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Shrive voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
- : Shrive voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Following new legislation in Shrive, court cases mostly involve lawyers shouting questions at witnesses giving silent shrugs.
- : Following new legislation in Shrive, foreign leaders who don't applaud Queen-Empress Alytathalia's speeches are regarded as enemies of Shrive.
- : Following new legislation in Shrive, military officers are given medals for disobeying orders.
- : Following new legislation in Shrive, sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour.
- : Following new legislation in Shrive, failed genetic experiments wreak havoc as they roam the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in Shrive, GP clinics are inundated by patients requesting prescriptions for alcohol.
- : Following new legislation in Shrive, proper policy proposals prerequire professional peer-reviewed papers.
Endorsements Received: None.