The Kingdom of Shpanland is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The cynical population of 478 million Shpanlandians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shpanland City. The average income tax rate is 75.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Shpanlandian economy, worth 46.1 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 96,526 pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The military struggles with recruitment, people talk about things being better when men were men, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers, and every workday begins with group therapy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shpanland's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shpanland lost the endorsement of The All Inclusive 🌈 and 💜 of Jehenna.
- : Shpanland was endorsed by The Federation of Nyxonia.
- : Following new legislation in Shpanland, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Following new legislation in Shpanland, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers.
- : Following new legislation in Shpanland, people talk about things being better when men were men.
- : Following new legislation in Shpanland, the military struggles with recruitment.
- : Shpanland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Shpanland was endorsed by The No Pretitle of Esfalsa.
- : Following new legislation in Shpanland, extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary.
- : Following new legislation in Shpanland, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Purple Hyacinth, Marinho Islands, WI SD EA D, Qvait, Corgitopiaa, Tepertopia, Holota, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Beepee, New Itomorii, Treir, Erinor, Concrete Slab, Wehraboos, Scu Greinne, Aumeltopia, PenguinPies, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Aidenfieeld, Holy Free, Amerion, Belschaft, Eskvenn, Libedistan, Westenhald, Galactic Gelatin, Republik Hintonia, Ipugao, Zaelith, Sedunn, Gonrati, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, LadyRebels, New Goldman, Ebonhand, The island of Sorna, Sandaoguo, Kaoia, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Direwolf1, JavaSiege, Kaleidescooptopia, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, and 7 others.Rhetiaa, Agletgreenia, Eastern Mekong, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Iningo, Esfalsa, and Nyxonia.