|Animal||Japanese paradise flycatcher|
The One of Kotoha's old nations of Shizuha is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Shizuha Aki with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 19.689 billion Shizuhans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shizuoka. The average income tax rate is 99.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Shizuhan economy, worth a remarkable 3,652 trillion Yen a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 185,496 Yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, sex changes are routinely performed at Shizuha's hospitals, and high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shizuha's national animal is the Japanese paradise flycatcher, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Shinto.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shizuha was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Shizuha was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Shizuha's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Shizuha relocated from Jenilu to Artificial Solar System.
- : Shizuha applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Shizuha resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Shizuha became WA Delegate of Jenilu.
- : Shizuha's influence in Jenilu rose from "Zero" to "Handshaker".
- : Shizuha relocated from Artificial Solar System to Jenilu.
- : Shizuha was endorsed by The Kingdom of Zposaol.