The Republic of Shirwan is a massive, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.128 billion Shirwanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jasamal. The average income tax rate is 62.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Shirwanian economy, worth 102 trillion Manats a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 90,840 Manats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble, a new "thought police" branch is being developed, and the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shirwan's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shirwan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector and Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Shirwan, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds.
- : Following new legislation in Shirwan, a new "thought police" branch is being developed.
- : Following new legislation in Shirwan, bouncers at the door of the sweet shop warn five-year-olds not to cause trouble.
- : Following new legislation in Shirwan, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- : Following new legislation in Shirwan, graverobbers claim they're acting within the interest of 'scientific preservation'.
- : Shirwan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Santos-Dominius.
- : Following new legislation in Shirwan, blind dates reemerge as a necessary evil in the quest for love.
- : Shirwan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Shirwan endorsed Saint philip and laurence.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Bran Astor, Westwind, Fuentana, Fujai, Loegries, Bhang Bhang Duc, Arracrania, Democratic Peoples Freedonia, Wickedly evil people, Pandaland II, The Rega, Papercuts and Skittles, New Caterse, Liberillia, Plankstein, Nieubasria, Holmani, Thevinia, Giovanniland, Emark, Dilber, Cro Magnon, Sirulinuck, Hamburg Neo, BIteland, Gracelantia, Newfieisland, Dalimbar, and Santos-Dominius.