The Japanese State of Shinkaigan is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-working, devout population of 4.958 billion Japanese are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, pro-business government is primarily concerned with Spirituality, with International Aid and Defense also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.6%.
The thriving Japanese economy, worth 354 trillion Yen a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 71,521 Yen, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 253,162 per year while the poor average 14,588, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Shinkaigan's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shinkaigan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Shinkaigan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Shinkaigan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Shinkaigan's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Shinkaigan altered its national flag.
- : Shinkaigan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Shinkaigan ceased to exist in Earth 2250.
- : Shinkaigan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Shinkaigan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Shinkaigan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.