The Empire of Shin Ezo is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Enomoto Takeaki with an iron fist, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, keen interest in outer space, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.652 billion Shin Ezoans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hakodate. The average income tax rate is 49.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Shin Ezoan economy, worth 318 trillion Ryoes a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 120,197 Ryoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine, condos feature wall-mounted cages containing endangered animals, chickens roam the streets freely, and tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shin Ezo's national animal is the Koi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Shin Ezo, tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers.
- : Following new legislation in Shin Ezo, chickens roam the streets freely.
- : Following new legislation in Shin Ezo, condos feature wall-mounted cages containing endangered animals.
- : Following new legislation in Shin Ezo, married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine.
- : Shin Ezo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Shin Ezo, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Following new legislation in Shin Ezo, stylish juvenile delinquents are highly overrepresented in fatal motorcycle accidents.
- : Shin Ezo was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Shin Ezo, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- : Shin Ezo was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
Endorsements Received: 130 » Notyoutopia, Frances Francis the First of France, Unimaginable Doom, Yaorozu, Meritdom, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, HMS Unicorn, Sunto, Bharathvarsh, Guslantis, Elspeth and Samina, Novare Res, Lionia, Vantaria, Selfgradatude, Xentherida, Sil Dorsett, Shadowrik, Vegetarian States, Apetopia, Great Bights Mum, Pasargad, Wisconsota, Chinstralia, American MapleStory, Holy Oranz, Avalon, Gorinchem and Hoog-Hoornaar, Republic of Dixie, Ceretis, Democratic Peoples Republic of the US, Sankami, Wineclaw, Morrn, New Ganjastan, The Swedish Republic of New Kenya, Siwale, Hong Kong Empire, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Indereac Lanx, Chukstik Illahi, Solestia, Enosville, Sophista, Coemgen, Malta Comino Gozo, Kaschovia, The Army Republic of Prussia, Lord Ravenclaw, Vazali, and 80 others.Celreostia, Halcon siveriano, Southern Stroraia, Asland Gardens, Imperial Pene Rounitrang, Omicron Persei V111, Bonjoura, SORT, Heritage Quay, The Rossinite Empire, Pallaith, Kingdom of Space, Kwaj, General COE, Reannia, Friently, South Grand Mountain, Lupus Imperium, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Diodone, Anima Proxa, McMasterdonia, Yukti, Plembobria, Marsh Castle, Zemnaya Svoboda, Sheppey, Yaris, Aenglaland, AdyLand, Beowulfe, Paxiosolange, Prevaland, The Utopian Movement, Buckerino, Kelvaros Prime, Ausmercia, Articune, I Am Bad At Naming Nations, Seven Hills, Clintonburge, The Iron Lions, Cloydicia, Che Sana Und, Bayern-Straubing, The Lancerian Empire, Aerilia, Moubarakistan, Universal State Formula, Zandir Antari, Amerian States, Vogonlandia, Stareogratia, Sanjurika, Coppicia, Tredano, PlanetPunk, Maestros haven, Pakistan 001, Inorganic Tomb Thing, Territorio di Nessuno, Transhumanist Anarchical Union, Phillywob, Cuyan, Corfad, Slaughterhouse Nine, Wodan, Beodarasc, Rockym, Forunte, Thenaca, Ainsworth, Felhaven, Yukkira, Deropia, Pria Xennes, Victoriaans Nederlands, Sailence, and Midds Conia.