|Leader||Princess Kyouko Yamura|
|Faith||The Cult of the Four Souls|
The Principality of Shikonjima is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Princess Kyouko Yamura with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, frequent executions, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.551 billion Shikonjimanese are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nashinya. The average income tax rate is 67.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Shikonjimanese economy, worth 370 trillion Ryous a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 145,065 Ryous, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings, mouldy bread is served as an appetizer in many restaurants, and major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day. Crime is totally unknown. Shikonjima's national animal is the Dragon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Cult of the Four Souls.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shikonjima was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Shikonjima's influence in Someplace rose from "Contender" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Shikonjima was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Shikonjima was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Shikonjima was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Shikonjima was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and Largest Mining Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Shikonjima was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Shikonjima was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Shikonjima was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens, Most Cultured, and Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Largest Governments and Smartest Citizens.
- : Shikonjima was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.