The Free Land of Shermani is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 227 million Shermen enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 77.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Shermanian economy, worth 6.32 trillion Sherms a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Average income is 27,857 Sherms, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's been a banner year for local vexillology, the election for Leader's office's janitor is heating up, dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive, and the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose. Crime is totally unknown. Shermani's national animal is the Goose, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shermani was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, the volume of paperwork used to complete a single environmental assessment defeats the purpose.
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive.
- : Shermani was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Shermani endorsed The Federation of Muscao.
- : Shermani was endorsed by The Federation of Muscao.
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, the election for Leader's office's janitor is heating up.
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, it's been a banner year for local vexillology.
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, there is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes.
- : Following new legislation in Shermani, the contraband cigarette trade is lighting up across Shermani.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Socialist Great Picardy, Super Awesome Fun Times, Dyl, Claiomha, Llorens, Antinios, Nangka, Slackertown, Silverfish37, Soviet Catgirls, Ephros, Anarchocommunists of the World, Soviet Angola, Argentigrad, Agatep, Grod Island, Kaamapoori, Sylvlakia, Lastolana, Somiens-et-Haveras, Vire Easay, Zaratov, Kawany, Bisht, Delegations, Santa Torres, and Muscao.