The Empire of Shema Mitzvah is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 417 million Shema Mitzvahians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of TZION. The average income tax rate is 73.7%.
The Shema Mitzvahian economy, worth 19.3 trillion Golds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 46,166 Golds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news, people who have had childhood imaginary friends are told they can't ever be trusted with guns, insanely good theatre productions face government censorship, and streaming video is considered to be a myth by most citizens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shema Mitzvah's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shema Mitzvah was endorsed by The Federation of State of Iowa.
- : Shema Mitzvah was endorsed by The Kingdom of Churumduul.
- : Shema Mitzvah was endorsed by The Inhospitable Ski Slopes of Agalaesia.
- : Shema Mitzvah was endorsed by The Free State of Sesteran.
- : Shema Mitzvah's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Shema Mitzvah was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Shema Mitzvah, streaming video is considered to be a myth by most citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Shema Mitzvah, insanely good theatre productions face government censorship.
- : Following new legislation in Shema Mitzvah, people who have had childhood imaginary friends are told they can't ever be trusted with guns.
- : Following new legislation in Shema Mitzvah, reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news.
Endorsements Received: 57 » Quiescent, Erinor, Kroumos, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Luddinlande, Anachronolandia, Aywhyou, Xandev, Midand, Saciu, Volaworand, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Jehenna, Barabarom, Auphelia, Awjan, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Aidenfieeld, United States of Vietnam, Tsunamy, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Whimichy, Kiasu-ism, Bear Connors Paradiso, The United Expanse, Janapuri, Great Andora, The naked people, Ufask, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Linden Oak, Japanese Federal Republic, Prefesia, Uncomfortable nooks and crannies, Lulliland, Southern Numenor, Tsvetania, Farengeto, Birdkeeper, Jaxon, Trinennie, Maletora, The Filippinas, Stoniamera, Land Without Shrimp, Wehraboos, Academy of Umbrellas, The Dragon Enclave, and 7 others.Ostanasia, Akindom, Drugged Monkeys, Sesteran, Agalaesia, Churumduul, and State of Iowa.