The Republic of Sharafi is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 729 million Sharafians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lamarion. The average income tax rate is 68.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sharafian economy, worth 83.3 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 114,315 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals, a the South Pacific Tourist Association survey has rated Sharafi #1 for number twos, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country, and there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation. Crime is totally unknown. Sharafi's national animal is the Dove, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation.
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, a the South Pacific Tourist Association survey has rated Sharafi #1 for number twos.
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, extraordinary tribunals try accused financial criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Sharafi was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, it is against the rules of boxing to hit above or below the belt.
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, hordes of unemployed lumberjacks have resorted to cutting down utility poles to satisfy their cravings.
- : Sharafi altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Sharafi, foreign leaders are advising that Leader's letters must have gotten lost in the mail.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Tepertopia, Rebel-topia, Isokenzar, Nowa Europa, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Darakin, Holota, Curlyhoward, Andinla, Tsunamy, Damn Frigid Wastelands, Amerion, Volaworand, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Treir, Aidenfieeld, Wehraboos, Yaravia, Myness, Beblahbleblo, Shefino, The Solar System Scope, Yellunstryer, Erstavik, Myhomecountry, Corgitopiaa, Bleakfoot, Chernaya Zvezda, Arscanesia, Ebonhand, Mapico, Blondiesland, Malmsia, PenguinPies, Doundaly, Doraya, Holy Free, Fasire, Sou Avida, North Kanuckistan, The Island of Sorna, Sedunn, Eastern Bahia, Farengeto, Fighting Kawi Ninja, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Jehenna, Concrete Slab, and 21 others.Esterwood, West Pastafaria, Leighester, FreeFishers, South Pernambuco, North Pernambuco, Proctethia, Froshar, Leimarite Empire, Baron Ungern and Tzar Nicholas, Saint Roberts, The republic of Konsa, Prairiegrass, Great Lothian, Lauramerica, Mnemnovia, Tyrantistica, Comfed, Antwerpen1, Bistritza, and Shadeth.