The Republic of Shaqolandia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Dapaah with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, irreverence towards religion, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.505 billion Asznees enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ofori City. The average income tax rate is 74.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Shaqolandian economy, worth 303 trillion Scoopnums a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 121,251 Scoopnums, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy, grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, and the government spends millions of Scoopnums every year prosecuting spammers. Crime is totally unknown. Shaqolandia's national animal is the Furvius, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Shaqolandia, the government spends millions of Scoopnums every year prosecuting spammers.
- : Following new legislation in Shaqolandia, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
- : Following new legislation in Shaqolandia, grade school teachers mark homework with red "CITATION NEEDED" stamps.
- : Following new legislation in Shaqolandia, Occam's razor has sliced to pieces any childhood belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.
- : Shaqolandia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in Shaqolandia, President Dapaah's office is running a trade deficit of midnight oil.
- : Shaqolandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Shaqolandia, refugees from other nations are flocking to Shaqolandia's border.
- : Following new legislation in Shaqolandia, criminals rejoice in the streets as the entire police force is sent away on a training retreat.
- : Following new legislation in Shaqolandia, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
Endorsements Received: 101 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, BIteland, Pandaland III, Arkadia Universalis, Psikuta, Wickedly evil people, United Adaikes, Yy4u, Archonina, Pandaland II, Nedtherland, Win Mints, Oometz, Wyndward, Blue Ocean on Beach, Norfaldor, Nevafornia, Ljosalfaryz, Allwarts, Torkvale, Lynier, Tunapocalypse, Kittenlicious, Zenduria, Thyrall, Volpi Apostati, Andyr, Barcocoland, Maria, Yer Da Sells Avon, Oronia, Twisted Duality, Glorious Existence, Ethermag, Faezany, Southern Eureka, The United Republic of Westend, The Anti-Social Socialists, The Free States of Gotham, Leukogeras, Vugaland, Common Good, DiscGolfLand, Fallgriffin, Suniterian, Fourth European Reich, WyEast, Empire of Spartacus, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Aldesport, and 51 others.Dreamers for Hope, Tyrea, Archinos, The 9 Stars, Orbitat, The Anclave, Avadon, Kisovec, Champaign, Greg Tucker, Bova Ptaltand, Meedvheyt, Ellcrys, Robbinston, The Impregnable Theodosioupolis, Luminaros, Liberland7, Ioways, Former Bulgarian Cities, Dalimbar, The Undivided, Denieria, Kingdom of Anderson, Xiuhtezcatl, Gryphonian Alliance, Escapitania, Kyeongsang, NoHiceLand, Keerim Foundation, The Emden Dominion, Liberillia, Papercuts and Skittles, Cro Magnon, Bran Astor, Royal Institution-Imperial Academy, Grandi Fiori, Bhang Bhang Duc, Alchera, Troodan, Farronist, Toberkuibac, Meow-meow-mia, Doggerstan, New New Avignon, Ilmecith, Danlina, UNLL, Ghouldovka, Utsang, Arnic, and Cryland.