The Community of Shangri-La Valley is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Lady Freya with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls and smutty television. The compassionate population of 1.002 billion Shangri-La Valleyians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Education, although Welfare, Administration, and Healthcare are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dream City. The average income tax rate is 26.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Shangri-La Valleyian economy, worth 82.3 trillion Zuzzes a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 82,085 Zuzzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Biology and religious education classes have recently been merged, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle", artificial intelligences seeking exciting work are overcome with ennui, and the weather report is the prisoners' favourite programme. Crime is totally unknown. Shangri-La Valley's national animal is the Serval, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shangri-La Valley was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Alopecia Totalis.
- : Shangri-La Valley was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Shangri-La Valley was endorsed by The Confederacy of Saundie.
- : Shangri-La Valley was endorsed by The Government of The Celestial Lands.
- : Shangri-La Valley was endorsed by The Thicctatorship of The Rin Mang.
- : Shangri-La Valley was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential and the Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Shangri-La Valley was endorsed by The Republic of The Torrentin.
- : Shangri-La Valley was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Centralis-Trustia.
- : Shangri-La Valley was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Shangri-La Valley was endorsed by The Empire of Wilhelmsborough.
Endorsements Received: 99 » Loftegen 2, Treadwellia, The Sigometh Dynasty, Kappan, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Burning Pants, Leonism, Aleckandor, Axixic, Lazarene Ryccia, Guiness Freaks, Aflana, Marcellinople, Nargorthia, Ireland Isles, Wishper, Aigania, Mainze, Port Flynt, Perchan, The Daedric Lords, Volac, East Wake Island, The Salvation States, Margandy, New Rogernomics, Turkish-Ottoman, Sharps inc, Othan, Fortytipper, Emperor PJ, Xracona, Oberonia Minor, Hycronesia, Arnasas, Egyptos, Steel Vagabonds, Sophisica, Andyr, Middle Ketalia, Nova Zemlya, Leton, Laporter, Arkanik, Shadowra, Sombrassino, Mo-Po-Lo-Jo-To-Jo, Sireco, Fissure Town, Ergtrini, and 49 others.Courlany, Lingord, Mathovia Empire, Auralon, Hajima, Sneyland, Denado, The American Powerhouse, Altmar, Capercom, Astalen, Ecchi Unlimited, Glorious Stocking, Russiane, Makdon, Thetopia, The Utopian Initiative, Wanga, Lusitland, Li Ka Shing Administrative Region, Tanshia, Neue Ost Fluch, Skin Nation The Second, The Great Shepherds, Serlanda, The Copper States, FulfiLland, Darkium, Bobs raider puppet, Wintermoot III, Galfni, Praenestia, Meat Sandwich, Haleai, Lobosias, Kunigund, The Illusian Empire, Mornangren, Malstatia, Aguaria Major, Your Imaginary Friend, Ithania, Wilhelmsborough, Centralis-Trustia, The Torrentin, The Rin Mang, The Celestial Lands, Saundie, and Alopecia Totalis.