The Federal Republic of Shalinatown is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, complete lack of prisons, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic, devout population of 803 million Shalinatownians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 31.4%.
The sizeable but inefficient Shalinatownian economy, worth 34.8 trillion Shalinacoins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 43,349 Shalinacoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
One can walk from one side of Shalinatown City to the other without setting foot on Shalinatownian soil, parking's carefree without parking car fees, you can call your arthritic immigrant neighbour for all your roof-tiling and guttering needs, and economics is a shrinking field. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shalinatown's national animal is the Prygl fish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Shalinatown is ranked 202,614th in the world and 4,672nd in the West Pacific for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector, scoring -1.41 on the Henry Ford Productivity Index.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shalinatown was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Shalinatown was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Kalachov.
- : Shalinatown was endorsed by The Holy Blue Empire of Fotisdia.
- : Shalinatown was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and Most Inclusive.
- : Shalinatown was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Editum.
- : Shalinatown voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nakarisaune".
- : Shalinatown voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Asbestos Consumption, Disposal and Worker Protection"".
- : Following new legislation in Shalinatown, economics is a shrinking field.
- : Shalinatown was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Shalinatown, you can call your arthritic immigrant neighbour for all your roof-tiling and guttering needs.
Endorsements Received: 77 » The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Mediobogdum, Bhang Bhang Duc, Hongg Kong, Wickedly evil people, Tropentarn, Uldrath, Pandaland II, Twisted Duality, Common Good, Av Libertas Vindex, Varanius, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Gryphonian Alliance, Savitri, Zajan, Fallgriffin, Willow Gate, Laudesia, Chaos Realm of Lavoria, Eldorado Surf, Inner Ryxtylopia, IndyCar Racing, Hamburg Neo, Liberillia, Orcatortugs, Risani, Sindria, Andeurea, Corbeil, Jigsland, Isle Royale, Atheist States of Philippines, Muad-Dib, Shaktirajya, DiscGolfLand, The Warriors of Determination, Glorious Existence, Q The Almighty, Marina Nova, Kisovec, Podium, Hoile, Cro Magnon, Thyrall, Galaxy Meows, Albyion Kingdom, Archonina, El Facil, New Belia, and 27 others.Mathematania, Winter Aura, Crazy Waters, Kindlepas, Occidius, Leman Isles, Overthinkers, Greynne, Selangortupia, AlphaHearts, Archinos, Yuureio, Pollos, West Deapol Laulandingedk, Herronn, Montrandec, Rengum in Lingo, Probablynotverygoodistan, Tropical Isles, Nacaome, Norgad, Hyperion Towers, Free City of Istanbul, Bernada, Editum, Fotisdia, and Kalachov.