The Federal Empire of Shakunik is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Marc Eyrou with a fair hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, complete lack of prisons, and frequent executions. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.981 billion Shakunikians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ishal. The average income tax rate is 72.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Shakunikian economy, worth a remarkable 1,585 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 158,851 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Nations that kill a Shakunikian can expect a strongly worded letter, cyclists spend more time unlocking their bicycles than they do cycling, military officials are questioning the policy of ceding the nation's territory in exchange for promises not to invade it, and news headlines usually include p-values. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shakunik's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Imperial Order.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shakunik was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Shakunik's influence in Balder rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Shakunik voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Politics Amino"".
- : Shakunik was endorsed by The Ancient Nordic Lands of Alvalero.
- : Shakunik was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Shakunik was endorsed by The Empire of Onder Kelkia.
- : Following new legislation in Shakunik, news headlines usually include p-values.
- : Following new legislation in Shakunik, military officials are questioning the policy of ceding the nation's territory in exchange for promises not to invade it.
- : Following new legislation in Shakunik, cyclists spend more time unlocking their bicycles than they do cycling.
- : Following new legislation in Shakunik, nations that kill a Shakunikian can expect a strongly worded letter.