The Order of Shadow Guard is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Juan Pablo with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, public floggings, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, devout population of 3.152 billion Guardians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Azleka. The average income tax rate is 23.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Shadow Guardian economy, worth 191 trillion Gold Coins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 60,664 Gold Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts", breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need, private businesses are paving paradises to put up parking lots, and minority children spend hours bussing to schools miles away from home. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Shadow Guard's national animal is the Chimera, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shadow Guard voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Crime and Punishment"".
- : Shadow Guard voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Conversion Therapy".
- : Shadow Guard lodged a message on the Cobalt Network Regional Message Board.
- : Shadow Guard voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Free Expression".
- : Shadow Guard's influence in Cobalt Network rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Shadow Guard voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ban on Secret Treaties"".
- : Shadow Guard lodged a message on the The United Islands of the Atlantic Regional Message Board.
- : Shadow Guard voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Greater Dienstad".
- : Shadow Guard voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Asbestos Consumption, Disposal and Worker Protection".
- : Shadow Guard voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Boston".
Endorsements Received: None.