The Weirding ways of Shadow and Rage is a gargantuan, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory military service, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 18.04 billion Shadow and Rageans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 65.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Shadow and Ragean economy, worth 49.6 trillion Rages a year, is highly specialized and led by the Cheese Exports industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 2,751 Rages, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Military spending is on the increase. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Shadow and Rage's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Shadow and Rage's influence in Vlaanderen rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Shadow and Rage's influence in Vlaanderen rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Shadow and Rage's influence in Vlaanderen rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Shadow and Rage's influence in Vlaanderen rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Shadow and Rage's influence in Vlaanderen rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Shadow and Rage was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Shadow and Rage's influence in Vlaanderen rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Shadow and Rage relocated from Balder to Vlaanderen.
- : Shadow and Rage was refounded in Balder.
- : Shadow and Rage ceased to exist in Vlaanderen.