The Dominion of Shadow-Land is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, prohibition of alcohol, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 350 million Shadow-Landians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shadow-Falls. The average income tax rate is 47.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Shadow-Landian economy, worth 22.9 trillion Guilders a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Uranium Mining, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 65,486 Guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Dentists routinely perform open heart surgery, Leader has been seen stealthily slicing fifths off bread loaves, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape, and multilingual concierges man empty inner city apartment blocks. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Shadow-Land's national animal is the Scorpion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Shadow-Land, multilingual concierges man empty inner city apartment blocks.
- : Following new legislation in Shadow-Land, genetic research is temporarily tied up in government red tape.
- : Following new legislation in Shadow-Land, Leader has been seen stealthily slicing fifths off bread loaves.
- : Shadow-Land endorsed The Empire of The Heavenly Capital.
- : Shadow-Land endorsed The Democratic Republic of New Ostias.
- : Shadow-Land endorsed The People's Republic of Reli Nation.
- : Shadow-Land endorsed The Republic of Straumnesfjall.
- : Shadow-Land endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Bollurg.
- : Shadow-Land endorsed The Empire of Sagis.
- : Shadow-Land endorsed The Kingdom of Altmarck.
Endorsements Received: 87 » Kroumos, Anachronolandia, Saciu, Academy of Umbrellas, Aidenfieeld, Xandev, Quiescent, Hanguk-Nippon, Wehraboos, Jahass, Luddinlande, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, Homthe Gree Pergerld, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Tsunamy, Volaworand, The Filippinas, Ostanasia, Aumeltopia, Pays de Loire, Caer Krasinet, Eritis, Mew Nation, The Solar System Scope, Okoria, Skriid, Jehenna, Tsvetania, United States of Vietnam, Tol Brandir, Nordafrik Conclaves, Qvait, Vincent Field, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Land Without Shrimp, Freedoom, Qawe, Placeholder name, Sesteran, Goddamous, New Juan Carlos Land, Agalaesia, Churumduul, Asdfghuiop, State of Iowa, Chocholand, Uunited Islands, Dereistic, Doomen, and 37 others.British Nations, Milvands, Iron Island of Cats, Jiggly Biggly, Upper Tyrconnel, Blo, Aveerya, Hjortheim, The Randominion, Edula, Anarch Gilead, Virs Lagells, Roavin, United Federated States of Omega, Erinor, FreeFishers, Great Africans, Choodox, Daehan aegugjuui hwangjegug lyeonbang, PenguinPies, Daestromos, Amerion, Papruledstad, Kringalia, Barabarom, Wild Space, Don Salve, Fristed, Phanama, Anatath, The Pacific Ocean Islands, Bute Republic, Negoshi, Blatobal, Oceanfront, Novamora, and Nejopia.