|Leader||President Joseph Henry|
The Empire of Sevevill is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by President Joseph Henry with an iron fist, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 11.352 billion Sevevillians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seve City. The average income tax rate is 92.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sevevillian economy, worth a remarkable 1,248 trillion Seves a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 109,944 Seves, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Racial supremacists indulge their wildest fantasies in cinemas and theatres across the nation, hordes of gardening enthusiasts are being banished from cities nationwide, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning, and the law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sevevill's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sevevill was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Sevevill's influence in Markion fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Sevevill lodged a message on the Markion Regional Message Board.
- : Sevevill's influence in Markion rose from "Sprat" to "Power".
- : Sevevill was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Sevevill altered its national flag.
- : Sevevill relocated from Lazarus to Markion.
- : Sevevill was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Sevevill ceased to exist in Markion.
- : Sevevill was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.