|Leader||President Boof Bonza|
The People's Democratic Republic of Seratiago is a huge, genial nation, ruled by President Boof Bonza with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 918 million Seratiagoans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of St Kathleen. The average income tax rate is 89.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Seratiagoan economy, worth 103 trillion dongles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 112,861 dongles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony, there is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes, and unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seratiago's national animal is the ferret, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Seratiago, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Seratiago, there is a heavy social stigma attached to e-cigarettes.
- : Following new legislation in Seratiago, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony.
- : Following new legislation in Seratiago, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
- : Following new legislation in Seratiago, knitting needles have been banned in the name of public safety.
- : Following new legislation in Seratiago, the government loves seeing the little people fight.
- : Seratiago was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Seratiago, major cities are suffering under water rationing.
- : Following new legislation in Seratiago, East Lebatuckese astronauts' favorite game during downtime on the Multinational Space Station is 'I Spy'.
- : Following new legislation in Seratiago, government officials sit helplessly as they are labelled 'Pompous Womples' by celebrities.
Endorsements Received: 54 » A mean old man, New Era states, Debluu, Ulvesogullr, The Three States of Fortuna, Axdel, Greater New Cassandra, Dravida India, VW53Aland, Brotherland, Pirnovo, Fellon, Maricentria, Veterans Association, Skipnom, Cafe Hell, Wallenburg, East Malaysia, Dahom, Enlil, New Leganes, Spiruvania, Albrook, Aquyia, Northern Celavon, Hizuru, Eastern Alksearia, The Atlae Isles, Layngderfleethe, Aivintis, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Servants of Gizmo, Edwardsport, Formaro, Squid Ruinosa, Auslivia, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Cellar Doors, Kangarawa, Nereua, Pakitsk, Marrabuk, Canadian Technocrats, Staynes, Asendavia, Dragons Blood, Vaskeden, Kandorith, Blobbo, Modra, and 4 others.MikGonnia, Sandboxford, Shambho, and Talakra.