|Leader||Flavius Artorius Castus Caesar|
The Imperial Republic of Seomis is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Flavius Artorius Castus Caesar with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, daily referendums, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 7.338 billion Seomisians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valdor. The average income tax rate is 87.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Seomisian economy, worth a remarkable 1,631 trillion Soliduses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 222,315 Soliduses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Tourists are flocking to the newly-built MeteorLand family resort, homophobia is off the menu, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet, and the nation has become a pariah for giving pirates letters of marque. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seomis's national animal is the Salmon, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Roman Politeism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Seomis changed its national nation type to "Imperial Republic".
- : Seomis changed its national motto to "Veni Vidi Vici!".
- : Seomis updated the World Factbook entry in Andarios.
- : Seomis lodged a message on the Andarios Regional Message Board.
- : Seomis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : The Expansive Empire of Andarios dismissed Seomis as Supreme Commander of Andarios liberation forces.
- : Following new legislation in Seomis, the nation has become a pariah for giving pirates letters of marque.
- : Following new legislation in Seomis, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet.
- : Seomis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Seomis, homophobia is off the menu.