The Commonwealth of Seolia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, unlimited-speed roads, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.929 billion Seolians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aether City. The average income tax rate is 23.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Seolian economy, worth 751 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Tourism, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 256,416 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
New "Worker's Strike" laws set out who is allowed to strike a worker, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Seolians, political activists are routinely executed, and relatives of recent award winners find their trophies make stylish urns. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seolia's national animal is the Northern goshawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Seolia was endorsed by The Empire of Theocratic Disciples of Christ.
- : Seolia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Seolia was endorsed by The Monarchy of Neuber.
- : Seolia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "End Collective Punishment".
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, relatives of recent award winners find their trophies make stylish urns.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Seolians.
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, new "Worker's Strike" laws set out who is allowed to strike a worker.
- : Seolia was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Seolia, strange lights seen in the sky are officially regarded as weather balloons or hoaxes and nothing else.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Aelandi, Duby, Socialist Platypus, Pervincia, Liberto-Ancapistan, Cle Brait, Hubdova, Primis Tenebris, Saraai, Hamptoria, The Psittacines, Wakaru, Oktadonia, Stustu, Balan Bar, Nova Briton, Ziroxeut, Nibelia, Great Luirokitanea, Loveable Dogs, Tarzantos El Camosia, Tolerian Empire, StarGaiz, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Azaman, Aether Inc, Dyrland, Lislandia, Nordharz, Hockeyyekcoh, Baccara, The Capitalist China Party, Tie-Died Chinchillas, Firifanteria, Durntoy, Daraln, Terra-Prisma, Kensaland, Ropen, Paul Pasch, Novo Reslas, Sri Malawi, United Kingdom of the Conch Kingdom, The Seventh German Reich, Parasano, New Republic of Romeo, Empireedy, Altareynsikht, Kinshinsoukan, Moskovskie, and 38 others.Jolly Industries, Yummasia, Adalwulf, Celestial Flames, Cyzixraqab, Terra Celtae, Galliadurm, Northshires, South Blorbo, Charville, Kavaska, Timiskrane, Americo-Federation, Red Finlandian Guard, Grand Order Of Lodgec, Lugunica, Khlachten, Soviet Utopia Reunion Party, Shovell, East Groland, Dennis the Goat, Taentermatown, LC Land, Horacko Federation, Ximavia, Unidentified-nation, Tee Googly Coffee Me, Wollo, Koneule, The New Economic Quebec, Izanstan, Olornia, Orlys, Spoolland, Ist Grald Boy, Revendani, Neuber, and Theocratic Disciples of Christ.