|Faith||a major religion|
The Republic of Semarland is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Marc Lygaard with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, unlimited-speed roads, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 9.505 billion Semars hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Industry, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jansberg. The average income tax rate is 54.6%.
The all-consuming Semar economy, worth 728 trillion Kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Average income is 76,607 Kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Marc Lygaard has just been declared ruler of Semarland in an international press conference, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and a major religion has been named as Semarland's national religion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Semarland's national animal is the Woodpecker, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Semarland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Semarland's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Semarland's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Semarland's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Semarland's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Semarland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending and the Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Semarland's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Semarland altered its national flag.
- : Semarland relocated from Balder to Atlantian Oceania.
- : Semarland was refounded in Balder.