The Community of Selu-Ahare is a huge, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 479 million Seluans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Administration, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sali. The average income tax rate is 81.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Selu-Aharean economy, worth 12.7 trillion Silvons a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Gambling, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 26,459 Silvons, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bronze and marble supplies are running low as sculptors depict full-figured subjects, the seventh son of a seventh son is fated to be a millionaire, children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife, and people make a career out of medical voyeurism. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Selu-Ahare's national animal is the Sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Selu-Ahare endorsed The Lost Paradise of Grimmywelsh.
- : Selu-Ahare voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Selu-Ahare voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Selu-Ahare was endorsed by The Lost Paradise of Grimmywelsh.
- : Selu-Ahare was endorsed by The Community of Kierekiko.
- : Selu-Ahare endorsed The Trading Card Nation of Dorab.
- : Selu-Ahare was endorsed by The Trading Card Nation of Dorab.
- : Selu-Ahare voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Selu-Ahare, people make a career out of medical voyeurism.
- : Following new legislation in Selu-Ahare, children as young as eight can present logical proofs for the existence of the afterlife.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Solsevara, Clialaad, Creeptopia, Tzo, Makykay, Pianaville, Mastodonia, Drewish, Namakan, Novegia, Silvedania, Calrad, DetroitSmash, Gal Cradia, The Soylent Green Party, Point Comfort Colony, QuazaFire, S Mova Derat, Tusenadingia Norgenadingasianglen, Krystalveil, United States of Island land, The Galactic American Imperium, The African Emirates, Palman, Zeganas, Northern Nivaria, Carthegia, New Kowloon Bay, Keswickholt, Eppur, Prairiesora, Isentran, New Non, Solarampa, Aurorastar, Colonel Terrosit, Valentian Elysium, Terra Royaume, Old Atlantica, Marroc, Zopciria, Medetas, City of Saint Nicolas, Anisopterra, Karlando, Juiulia, Anollasia, Chip Skylark, Testa, Dovant, and 35 others.Iontan, Conservative Republic Of Huang, Seranis, Greater Puptioneberadon, Ner Epiand, Northern African Sahara, Better Indonesia, Seantonia, Alaxia, Galimania, Generic Country Name That Is Available, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Killettland, The Fortem, Tausend Seen, Saint Islaw Wra, Wischland, Samonaemia, Tierra de Platanos, Cakasia, Locano, The Indian Royalty, Capea, Maconshinbernititte, Voldwinashunst, Airday, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, Islamic Holy Sites, Alemputo, Liberdon, Ignis Cinere, Batona, Dorab, Kierekiko, and Grimmywelsh.