The Federal Republic of Seffa is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its pith helmet sales, public floggings, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 1.049 billion Seffites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Keer. The average income tax rate is 23.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Seffan economy, worth 127 trillion Seers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 121,768 Seers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets, gay hospital patients are labelled with a pink triangle to alert staff of their substandard blood, and senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Seffa's national animal is the Sqaan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Seffa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed and Most Average.
- : Seffa's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Seffa relocated from League of elder nations to The Rejected Realms.
- : Seffa was ejected from League of elder nations by The Senatus Populusque Romanus of Parimount.
- : Seffa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Seffa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"".
- : Seffa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Seffa's influence in League of elder nations fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Seffa's influence in League of elder nations rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Seffa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Llorens".
Endorsements Received: None.