|Leader||Dale the Honorable Skeptic|
The Progressive Union of Seeker Alpha is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Dale the Honorable Skeptic with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 20.358 billion Seeker Alphans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Healthcare, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sagan. The average income tax rate is 47.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Seeker Alphan economy, worth a remarkable 3,379 trillion credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 165,997 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime is totally unknown. Seeker Alpha's national animal is the badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Unitarian Universalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Seeker Alpha was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Seeker Alpha was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Seeker Alpha was endorsed by The Sith Empire of South Aztlan.
- : Following new legislation in Seeker Alpha, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in Seeker Alpha, all statues and paintings of dogs are being destroyed to avoid offending cat-lovers.
- : Following new legislation in Seeker Alpha, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity.
- : Seeker Alpha was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Seeker Alpha, ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties.
- : Seeker Alpha was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Seeker Alpha was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
Endorsements Received: 13 » NewTexas, Lichian, Aholz, Tishanda, Rorschach, Darth Kermit, United States of Woodward, Greater United Texas, British Crown Dominions, Ole Dixieland, Safj, Studly Penguins, and South Aztlan.