The Oh My GOD! What were they thinking! He's a MODERATOR! of Sedgistan is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Sedge with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, smutty television, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 21.975 billion Sedgistanis live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, pro-business, outspoken individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Spirituality and Welfare not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rockall. Income tax is unheard of.
The large but stagnant Sedgistani economy, worth 601 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is 27,357 pounds, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 248,445 per year while the poor average 347, a ratio of 714 to 1.
The streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of Sedgistan's historical leaders at Mount Rushless, and government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Sedgistan's national animal is the greyhound, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Antalia".
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- : Following new legislation in Sedgistan, tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of Sedgistan's historical leaders at Mount Rushless.
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Arab League".
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- : Sedgistan's influence in The Moon rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Sedgistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Kingdom of Ireland"".
- : Sedgistan approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- : Sedgistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Nuclear Armaments".
- : Sedgistan updated the World Factbook entry in The Moon.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Crazy girl.