The Seafaring Peoples of Sealands Little Brother is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Gretar Hrafnsson with a fair hand, and notable for its parental licensing program, otherworldly petting zoo, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.697 billion Sealanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, corrupt, outspoken government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Industry, and Environment are also considered important, while Welfare and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pompeii. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sealandic economy, worth a remarkable 2,684 trillion Kronor a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 250,957 Kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Food voucher forgeries are causing headaches for the police, taxpayers cringe whenever someone brings up the Former Antagonist Reparations Treaty, ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips, and citizens are encouraged to show displeasure with politicians by poking them with sharp metal sticks. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Sealands Little Brother's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Valhallism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sealands Little Brother was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Sealands Little Brother's influence in The Sasquatch Republic rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Sealands Little Brother was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market and the Top 5% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Sealands Little Brother was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Sealands Little Brother voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Singapore no2".
- : Sealands Little Brother withdrew its endorsement from The Kingdom of Montmorencia.
- : Sealands Little Brother endorsed The Mountain State of Chodean Kal.
- : Sealands Little Brother's influence in The Sasquatch Republic rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Following new legislation in Sealands Little Brother, citizens are encouraged to show displeasure with politicians by poking them with sharp metal sticks.
- : Sealands Little Brother lodged a message on the The Sasquatch Republic Regional Message Board.