The Armed Republic of SDGrave is a small, socially progressive nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 26 million SDGraveans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 16.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient SDGravean economy, worth 1.02 trillion currencies a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 39,256 currencies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, blind students are at a disadvantage now that test papers printed in braille have been discontinued, preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime, and organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. SDGrave's national animal is the wolf, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : SDGrave was endorsed by The Kingdom of Van Demons Land Tasmania.
- : SDGrave's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : SDGrave's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : SDGrave was endorsed by The State of Ostehaar.
- : SDGrave's influence in The Western Isles rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : SDGrave was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : SDGrave was endorsed by The Much love from Polar of Aizcona.
- : SDGrave was endorsed by The Dominion of Nhoor.
- : SDGrave was endorsed by The Tetrarchy of Solaryia.
- : Following new legislation in SDGrave, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.