The Confederacy of Scrubbertalia is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and otherworldly petting zoo. The compassionate, democratic population of 366 million Scrubbertalians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 81.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Scrubbertalian economy, worth 29.9 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 81,801 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks, it is common to see Maxémon Trainer listed on Scrubbertalian resumés, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here", and dozens of viewers go online to hear whether a comma has been added to Clause 5 in Subsection B of Law 58375. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Scrubbertalia's national animal is the panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Scrubbertalia, dozens of viewers go online to hear whether a comma has been added to Clause 5 in Subsection B of Law 58375.
- : Scrubbertalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Scrubbertalia, would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here".
- : Following new legislation in Scrubbertalia, it is common to see Maxémon Trainer listed on Scrubbertalian resumés.
- : Following new legislation in Scrubbertalia, the ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks.
- : Following new legislation in Scrubbertalia, funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience.
- : Following new legislation in Scrubbertalia, a government program is underway to revitalize Scrubbertalia's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Scrubbertalia, there's a bright dawn ahead for Scrubbertalia.
- : Following new legislation in Scrubbertalia, weird or unusual crimes merit cruel and unusual punishments.
- : Following new legislation in Scrubbertalia, posing for pictures is an integral part of military training.
Endorsements Received: 105 » Corfad, Dar es Saalam, Territorio di Nessuno, Sinelona, Notyoutopia, El Fiji Grande, Shibutani, Yaorozu, The Rhein States, Alunya, Aeolist, Agharya, Abiswashyo-bhumi, Abject Ludicrosity, Pallaith, Shin-Hachioji, Kuveria, Aeviternus, Aetulia, Peldorn, Spartoptia, Great Bights Mum, Black Templares, 2 and 2 is Fish, Tsardom of Leonlandia, Trillius, Egalico, Napnomadia, Sheldanada, North Bratislava, Uganda Knuckles UK, Ethnon, Steampunk Ariel, General COE, Bayern-Straubing, Siwale, Ikea Rike, Lomjia, Omnistria, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Niradans, Newpromisedland, Tappan Hills, Shadowrik, Dreadton, Jasminlandia, Kasazzastan, Fayyayid, Frances Francis the First of France, Vikingiarchy, and 55 others.Kwaj, Afrille, Acrabinnia, Sil Dorsett, Wineclaw, Torakuen, New Pruessen, Sea Ghost, Sundred, Sunto, Koda-Land, Holy Oranz, Q w e r t y, Federation Terra Australis, PlanetPunk, Ibiscaton, Free Azzaca, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, New Bremerton, Haor Chall, 1 very fast endotarter, Noahs Second Country, Saturns Edge, Castle Federation, Former English Colony, Apetopia, Selfgradatude, Ejhsa, Rynion, Test for a new hope, Loutsland, Elder Realms, Analomink, The Black Cathedral, North Altatude, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Maott, Wilkshire, Guer Aike, Xentherida, Pasargad, Constantinolia, Justanistan, Loli County, Aratani, Valhalla123, Joodey, Kobagia, Zumlandia, Samog, Theodorna, Glurponia, Steraz, and Xzavia-Hjar.